Monday, September 24, 2007

Southwest, Cheer, and NY Times

I think it’s always good when your employer has your back. Sometimes the higher ups will question why a certain employee did what she or he. I think the best bosses will always back you in up in the best way.

Maybe that’s what was happening here. Southwest was backing up the guy who told the young lady to change.

I don’t know why Southwest didn’t just issue an apology. This incident alone will always be one of the stories the public thinks about when they fly Southwest. Every time a Southwest employee makes a joke over the speaker phone on the plane, people will ask, “Are they really like that?” People want to believe that Southwest is the fun, come as you are airline. The airline really wouldn’t have lost anything fiscally had they made an apology so I don’t know what the big fuss was about. I love this airline, but from the PR perspective, I give them a thumbs down in this case.

Cheerleading Story.
Politics apparently doesn’t just work in Washington or Austin. It works in the hearts of high school teenagers also.

I’d like to believe that the truth always comes out and that defamation of character is only temporary until that time comes.

No comments: